Download > TVPG Membership Application
Our annual rate is $30 per person or $50 for couples/studios. It is payable at the September AGM each year. We do not adjust the amount for late or partial membership as we feel the membership fee is nominal as it is.
How To Join
The easiest way to join the guild is to send an application and a cheque in the mail. You can also deliver your fees directly to Angie Steiger.
916 Pine Street
Kamloops, BC, V2C 3A2
Benefits of Membership
We like to hold one workshop each year. We’ve featured potters from Canada and the US, including Vincent Massey, Darrell Hancock, Keith Rice-Jones, Paul Davis from Australia, Linda Doherty, Judy Weeden, Susan Le Poidevin, Bob Kingsmill, Vince Pitelka, Elaine Brewer-White, Jeanette Moore and more.
TVPG has an extensive library covering various aspects of pottery.
The guild organizes exhibitions every second year that allow our members to show their work in a public gallery.
The guild runs a fall sale, usually at the beginning of November.
The guild purchase clay and supplies 1 or 2 times a year. You get cheaper prices on supplies by buying in the group order.
The following is an excerpt from our constitution….
- The objectives of the TVPG shall be:
To bring together potters and ceramists in the Thompson Valley area in BC in a group for their mutual advantage.
- To endeavor to improve the standards of ceramic work in the Thompson Valley by education of the membership and the public.
- To promote exhibitions of members’ work at such places as may be decided upon.
- To endeavor to expand the choice of ceramic books in the local library and to bring in films or slides on a loan basis on ceramic subjects for the use of members.
- To hold meetings and provide lecturers and/or workshops each month or as otherwise agreed upon.
- To affiliate or collaborate with other groups of potters or other craftsmen in Canada, the United States or elsewhere as may be decided upon.
- To carry on such other activities as may be decided upon from time to time, of an artistic, educational or social character